Make no mistake. There will be fireworks at First Fridays in Downtown Marion on July 3! Come celebrate American patriotism at the First Friday Independence Day Celebration on the Riverfront! The fun kicks off on the Folkie’s Tavern stage at 3 p.m. with The Revelators and continues with The Cadaver Dogs at 6 p.m., and Rattleuce at 8:30 p.m. The fun doesn’t stop there! Listen to more live music on the Riverfront stage beginning at 6 p.m. featuring Jessie Brown! Concerts on both the Folkie’s Tavern stage and Riverfront stage are free and open to the public.
Chairs and blankets are welcome! Make sure to get there early to grab a spot in these prime entertainment and fireworks viewing locations!
Adams Street between First and Second Streets will be lined with local artisans, retailers, and informational vendors. The KD Entertainment Kid’s Zone and local Food Truck vendors will be set up in the big lot along First Street between Branson and Adams Streets.
Fireworks begin at “dark thirty” shortly after the 9 o’clock hour.
Help define the attitude and flavor of Marion by becoming a volunteer to this extraordinary event! Volunteers not only help First Fridays run smoothly, but they also get an inside look into what goes into producing this renowned event. We really need your help to make each month’s Fridays Fridays successful and any time you can contribute is appreciated! Call us at 765-662-1192 to apply!
The remaining 2015 First Fridays Downtown Celebration Schedules are as follows:
- July First Friday, July 3rd. Theme: American Patriotism
- August First Friday, August 7th. Theme: World Festival & Cruise In
- September First Friday, September 4th. Theme: Made in Marion Downtown Art Walk
- October First Friday, October 2nd. Theme: Oktoberfest
- November First Friday, November 6th. Theme: Light Up the Night
- December First Friday, December 4th. Theme: Have a Holiday!
First Friday is a monthly downtown celebration that encourages collaboration between non-profit, university, and commercial venues in Marion, IN. This initiative showcases downtown venues by promoting the First Friday evening of each month as a community night for experiencing what our local community has to offer. First Friday ensures a healthy city through regular exchange and discussion between venues, artists and patrons. First Fridays is a Main Street initiative to promote and stimulate downtown economies across the country.
For the past 34 years, the National Main Street Center has equipped more than 2,000 communities with an organizing framework to preserve and revitalize their traditional downtowns and commercial districts. Main Street Marion is an independent 501c3 nonprofit downtown association that inspires, unifies and champions the Downtown Marion Experience. Our goal with the new First Friday structure is to orient people to the downtown district, highlight different downtown venues, and attract diverse audiences, entrepreneurs, and consumers.
Main Street Marion would like to thank
- Bill Rock for volunteering as the May through August vendor and festival coordinator.
- Jennifer Seybold for volunteering as a festival stage hand and festival producer for May through August festivals.
- Our downtown business owners, community vendors, and local artists and makers who partner for select First Friday throughout the year to make the Marion First Fridays experience extra special.
- Our First Friday sponsors Round Robins, Insurance Management Group, Chronicle-Tribune, WCJC 99.3, STAR 106.9, WBAT 1400 AM, 860 FM ESPN, Hoosier Jiffy Print, Mike Anderson Marion, Indiana Wesleyan University, Marion General Hospital, McClure Oil Corporation, Mutual Bank, and the City of Marion.
Without our supporters and our tireless volunteers, none of these events would be possible. Thank you so much!